Required Documentation For Bride And Groom
The following list of legal requirements is needed for legal marriage. The Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Wedding Coordinator must
receive the following documents to begin the application for marriage in the Civil Registry Office.
- Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive in Puerto Vallarta two days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays do not count). Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow flexibility for arrival date. Please speak with the wedding coordinator to discuss requirements.
- Tourist Card (Receive these upon arrival at Puerto Vallarta International Airport)
- If Bride or Groom are divorced, they will need their original Birth Certificates and Final Divorce Decrees. These documents must be translated into Spanish and each must have a stamp (Le Apostille) of the Registry of their country. Translation must be done in Mexico or by a certified translator at the Mexican embassy of the couple’s country, otherwise will not be valid.
- Valid Passports
- Bride and Groom birth certificates with apostilles. Birth certificates must be translated into Spanish in Mexico by a certified translator (addtional fee)
- Judge’s transportation fee.
- Fee for blood test must be taken in Mexico. To be considered valid, the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, STD’s (sexually transmitted diseases)
and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours together with a certificate of the blood test and the fee will be paid directly to the wedding coordinator cash the day the test is taken.
- The names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy of a tourist card and a valid identification of the 4 witnesses. Wedding Coordinator will send you the legal form. The witnesses can be relatives, friends or anyone who has a valid passport.
- The Marriage Certificate is only valid in Mexico. In order to make it legal internationally, the Wedding Coordinator will send a copy of your License to the Validation Process. The process will take up to 2-4 months. Once the document is apostilled, the resort will send all documentation to couples home address.