Perfectly located on the magnificent east coast of the Dominican Republic, Now Larimar Punta Cana is surrounded by the natural beauty of the island and nearby coral reef. Set aside a few hours or a full day to explore this historic area in the Dominican Republic. Our travel desk can help you plan an excursion to any of these local points of interest:
- Altos de Chavón: Altos de Chavón: A fascinating recreation of a 16th century Mediterranean village on a cliff overlooking the Río Chavón.
- Isla Saona: Take a sailboat or speedboat ride to this scenic island located off the south-east tip of the Dominican Republic. Experience the incredible turquoise water and beauty of the limestone cliffs, and watch for dolphins following your boat.
- Isla Catalina: Located approximately 1.5 miles from the mainland, this small island has an incredible coral reef for snorkeling and diving. Ideal day trip for water activities.
- Santo Domingo: The capitol city of the Dominican Republic, where the settlement of all the Americas began. Tour the first cathedral and first hospital. Explore the cobblestone streets that wind through the Spanish colonial architecture. Plus enjoy fine entertainment and dining.
- La Romana: Located approximately 1 ½ hours west of Punta Cana, La Romana is one of the largest cities in the Dominican Republic known for its superior golfing, beautiful beaches and shopping.
- Higuey: A small historical town known for its large Basilica honoring the Virgen de la Altagracia, patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Stroll the small streets and sample tasty local cheese and fresh fruit from the local markets.
To learn more about tours close to Now Larimar Punta Cana, visit AMSTAR’s website.